Friday 20 May 2011

Last boarding call for Atlanta to Winnipeg

As I mentioned the other day, I am not going to leave any move of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg until I see Gary Bettman step up onto the milk crate and announce to the throngs of people in attendance at the press conference that the deal is signed and sealed.

Yesterday word broke of a deal being finalized to the delight of many following the story, and while it has not yet been signed off the agreement between the parties involved "appears" to be very close. Hopefully this is the case and the press conference is announced with new of the Thrashers coming to Winnipeg finally becoming reality.

This will be a day I can say I never thought would happen given the way the former club left for Phoenix back in 1996. I will avoid much of the discussion until the deal is finalized and made public.

Hang tight and fasten your seatbelt', it appears as though this flight is about to take off from Atlanta will land in Winnipeg soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment